Windows Server 2008 Server manager refresh failed-error 0x800B0100 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a server where I can't get at the roles or features nodes on the server manager because the refresh is failing.  I found several posts where a download link was given with a patch that resolved the error.  As an example in one of the emails Tim Quan answered:

This issue can occur if KB948881 package files are missing or corrupt.

Please download the files from the following site and copy them to
        c:\windows\servicing\packages (replace the old one).   Unfortunately,
        the download links that were provided in the emails are all invalid or expired.

Can I get a new download link?

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can download the files from the following site:

https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=2eee75f9-61c9-4c27-baca-c618afc80adb

Password: 2Z4WUb6UQsv3VV

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Tim Quan Monday, September 28, 2009 2:17 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:57 AM
  • tim.

i have the same problem.
    i went to the site and there were no files to download.
    can you post them again, please.

thanks
    Friday, October 16, 2009 11:36 AM
  • I am also having this problem... When ever I go to place those files in the C:windows\servicing\packages it says access denied but I am logged in as the administrator.. How can I copy them to that?
    Monday, October 19, 2009 8:11 PM
  • you need to take ownership of the packages folder. even though you are administrator, you are not the owner, until you take ownership.
    Monday, October 19, 2009 10:27 PM
  • I am having the same exact problem but for some reason when I go to C:\Windows\System32\ServerManager\Cache   None of my files are in there.  But when I download and copy the CbsUpdateState.bin and CbsUpdateInfo.bin to that folder, the server roles and features show up, but I still can't install or remove any of them.  But after like five minuets, those files just disappear randomly and then my server roles and features get an error again... Would this package fix that problem or is this something else?

It almost seems like an error with the .net framework.  But I tryed uninstalling that and reinstalling that and it that didn't help. 
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:08 AM
  • Hello, I am experiencing the same issues with the roles not refreshing and updtes hanging durring download. Perhaps an active link to download files?

Thank you.

B

Friday, January 21, 2011 10:55 PM