none
SharePoint Online Custom lists

Question

• Good day

I am creating a custom list in SharePoint Online

And there is a column that I need to be only changed by one individual

Would I need to configure this under the custom list or would this be done once I apply a workflow to it?

Kind regards

Friday, July 1, 2016 8:37 AM

All replies

• What kind of change to be done by individual? On Column settings or on column value.

What type of workflow, you are going to apply to the custom list?

If you want to change the column settings, better do before applying the workflow.

Regards,
    Shantha Kumar .T | MCPD - SharePoint Developer 2010 | MCITP - SharePoint Administrator 2010
    (B) Shantha Kumar's Blog | (T)Follow me

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:42 AM
  • If you mean that only one person is allowed or able to change that column then that's very hard to do. SharePoint doesn't allow you to split permissions within an item, you have to start to think about workarounds and there aren't many available on SharePoint Online.

Can you describe your situation in more detail? We might be able to suggest options.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 10:30 AM
  • One option is to disable that field in the new and edit forms using the JSOM and enable it only for that individual or group. But this option only works on the forms, and not for quick of data sheet view.

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 12:08 AM
  • Thank you guys for your feedback

to answer your question Alex

I am creating leave forms for our company and want to create a field where a manager or a supervisor will be able to "reject or approve" ones leave request.

Hence my question. Any help that anyone can provide it will be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 5:51 AM