none
Hide PIN request at Logon. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, How do I hide PIN request at login? as I always know what PC I'm on.

Thanks,

James.

James Reynolds

Saturday, December 19, 2015 9:00 AM

Answers

• Well Jamesrey55,

I am not sure I got your point.

Which I should make it clear is, Windows could only identify you by User account along with the PIN or password, and this is the way how Windows works, Windows,  the system can't identify your thought without the authentication.

If you are the only person who will use this machine, then you may take a look at the auto-logon I shared earlier.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 25, 2015 7:07 AM

All replies

• Not 'Hide' but you can disable it.

Open Settings.

• Click on Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Look for PIN. Since you have already created a pin, you should be getting option as Forgot my PIN, click on that.
    • Now click on Continue.
    • Don’t enter the pin details and click on Cancel.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Saturday, December 19, 2015 5:01 PM
  • Hi James,

What is your current situation?

If you would like to disable the PIN login under the logon screen, then please follow the suggestions provided by S.Sengupta;

If you would like to sign-in Windows without entering password or PIN, then we may consider to enable auto-logon feature.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3539-sign-user-account-automatically-windows-10-startup.html

Please note: Since this website is not hosted by Microsoft, the information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If any further questions, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 21, 2015 6:36 AM
  • Thanks, for both responses. It isn't a problem with the highlighted "Password" or "PIN" request. It's just that I know whether my password or pin is required and I don't need prompting. Why prompt someone who doesn't know? 

I'm thinking there's maybe a Hive setting I could change, but I don't want to mess with Regedit, unless I knew what I was doing.

Thanks,

James.

James Reynolds

Monday, December 21, 2015 9:39 AM
  • Well Jamesrey55,

I am not sure I got your point.

Which I should make it clear is, Windows could only identify you by User account along with the PIN or password, and this is the way how Windows works, Windows,  the system can't identify your thought without the authentication.

If you are the only person who will use this machine, then you may take a look at the auto-logon I shared earlier.

Regards

Friday, December 25, 2015 7:07 AM