none
Fast ESP 5.4 latvian language dictionary RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

using "dictman info" command I discovered that ALS latvian language package (downloaded from https://connect.microsoft.com/fastsearch) contains only aprox. 21000 entries. It is only one tenth of the whole latvian headrwords. Is there an update for licenced clients for this dictionary. Or maybe I can somehow import in Fast the new dictionary made for FAST Search Server 2010 (if it contains a whole dictionary)?

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Edgars,

I wanted to find out the answers to the below questions:

1. Which Latvian language dictionary are you working with?  The ALS packages should come with antiphrase, lemma, and spellcheck.
    2.  When you say ESP 5.4, do you mean ESP 5.3 with service pack 4?
    3. What was the link of the exact dictionary that  you downloaded the dictionary from, on MSConnect?
    4. Do you see any specific words that are not there?  Did you complete the ALS installation, and then only see 10% of the expected words?

Also, one cannot import dictionaries from FS14, so that will not be a viable option.

Thanks!

Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

Customer Service   & Support                            Microsoft| Services

Monday, April 1, 2013 9:04 PM
  • Hi,

1. I am working with lemma dictionary.
    2. I am sorry for this mistake. I am using ESP 5.3 with SP5.
    3. The exact dictionary was ALS_esp53.Latvian.1.0.all.
    4. Here are just some of words that are not in dictionary: dūrainis - mitten; krizdole - gooseberry; stiķene - gooseberry (another name of this berry); topinambūrs - Jerusalem artichoke; gums - tuber; māmuliņa - one of forms for name "mother". Also I noticed that dictionary does not contain person names and none of toponym. Also as I mentioned early dictman shows that dictionary contains only about 21`000 headwords, but some sources tells that latvian language contains about 200`000 of headwords. Why ALS contains only one tenth?
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:09 AM
  • Hello,

We believe that it is likely that there are many words there, but not compiled in.  I would recommend that you open a new service request with our Technical Support team so we could dig into this issue further.  Would you be able to open a new case for this problem?  We look forward to working with you further on this issue.

Thanks!

Friday, April 5, 2013 9:13 PM
  • Hi,

can you give me a directions or instructions how can I "open a new service request"? Thanks!

Monday, April 8, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Hello Edgars,

You can open a support case for this issue via the OAS portal:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas

Thanks!

Monday, April 8, 2013 8:22 PM