none
How can I set auto login to my attached network drive? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Windows 10 Home Edition and I used the standard way to set up a network drive (actually it's my onedrive but I didn't want it to be stored on my PC so I turned off syncronisation completely and added it as a network drive) by clicking on Computer/Map network drive then giving the drive letter and the folder (wich is the actual path to my onedrive space). I checked "Reconnect at logon" but after getting offline and trying to open it again it's always asking for my account name and password. I fills the fields autamatically but with the wrong information. My login is my MS account email address but the auto-login function is filling that field wiht "MicrosoftAccount/<my account email>" so I have to delete "MicrosoftAccount/" every time I'm reconnecting to the network drive (after restarting the PC or going offline and online again). The point of auto-login is not to be forced to do such things. Can someone help with this? I don't want to type any credentials, I'd like to make it log in automatically.
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 6:09 AM

Answers

• Hello,

There's two was to do it - the GUI, or a command line.

GUI Method

1. Right click 'My Computer' -> 'Disconnect Network Drive'.
    2. Select your network drive, and disconnect it.
    3. Right click 'My Computer' -> 'Map Network Drive'.
    4. Enter the path, and click 'Connect using a different username and password'
    5. Input the appropriate username and password.

Command Line

1. Create a new batch file with the follwing:

@echo off net use x: /delete net use x: \\server\share /USER:COMPUTER\User password exit

The script that you create needs to be added to the start up list so when the machine starts it will load the details accordingly.

regards,

Nikhil

• Marked as answer by Azazel90 Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:03 AM
    Friday, August 4, 2017 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

There's two was to do it - the GUI, or a command line.

GUI Method

1. Right click 'My Computer' -> 'Disconnect Network Drive'.
    2. Select your network drive, and disconnect it.
    3. Right click 'My Computer' -> 'Map Network Drive'.
    4. Enter the path, and click 'Connect using a different username and password'
    5. Input the appropriate username and password.

Command Line

1. Create a new batch file with the follwing:

@echo off net use x: /delete net use x: \\server\share /USER:COMPUTER\User password exit

The script that you create needs to be added to the start up list so when the machine starts it will load the details accordingly.

regards,

Nikhil

• Marked as answer by Azazel90 Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:03 AM
    Friday, August 4, 2017 4:22 PM
  • Sorry, but the GUI method is not changing anything and I can't get the command line method working. It won't map any drive and won't give any error messages. 

EDIT: My mistake. I made a typo, your cmd solution seems to be working. Thank you!

The only difference is in the first part, Instead of \\ and \ I have to use https:// and /

• Edited by Azazel90 Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:03 AM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 6:57 AM