No Lync call option available RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Strange one. One user has not got the option to Lync call someone in particular, where everyone else can do this. Suggestions? 

Sounds local to me, but though I would ask in case someone has seen this before

Regards

geraint

Friday, January 4, 2013 10:06 AM

Answers

• In addition to checking Telephony Mode, I have also seen this in OCS to Lync migrations where an old GPO that was being used was still applying to Lync clients.  Make sure there is no GPO in place.

Tim Harrington | Lync: MCM/MVP | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:49 AM
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Hi,

Is the work call or voice mail still available? Agree with TWHarrington, please check if any GPO has applied for the users. If the issue persists, try to remove lync user profile and re-sign in to have a test. Lync user profile: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\sip_<username@domain>\

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 7, 2013 5:43 AM

All replies

• Hi

Check the user in the Lync controlpanel and see what the telephony option is set to. Could be that it's set to remote call control causing this issue.

/Tim

Friday, January 4, 2013 11:59 AM
  • In addition to checking Telephony Mode, I have also seen this in OCS to Lync migrations where an old GPO that was being used was still applying to Lync clients.  Make sure there is no GPO in place.

Tim Harrington | Lync: MCM/MVP | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington

Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Hi,

Is the work call or voice mail still available? Agree with TWHarrington, please check if any GPO has applied for the users. If the issue persists, try to remove lync user profile and re-sign in to have a test. Lync user profile: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\sip_<username@domain>\

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 7, 2013 5:43 AM