none
Unable to install June 2013 hotfix on Project Server 2010 with SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Project server 14 .0.7102.5000: June 2013 Cumulative Update on Application server and WFEs. But now when I am trying to install the same setup on DB server as we have Reporting server configured in SharePoint integrated mode, I am getting “The Expected version not found”

I have examined the environment, we have SharePoint and Project server 2010 installed with SP2, and other than that this “KB2817530” is installed on App and WFEs server.

Few search and I found running the following command from the command prompt will do the trick

"ubersrvprj2010-kb2817530-fullfile-x64-glb.exe PACKAGE.BYPASS.DETECTION.CHECK=1". So I executed it.

And then it started extracting the patch. 

It took some 4 hours to complete but got executed but I don’t see any change after that, control panel doesn't read any patch installed on the machine and I get hot fix missing of the server error when re run the configuration wizard. 

Can you please look into this as suggest? Thank you

Dolly Pandey

Friday, June 20, 2014 1:25 PM

All replies

• Hello Dolly,

Hope the issue has got addressed, if not I have few thoughts.

1> What you have tried to install is KB - 2817530 which is a rollup, so you do not need to install any patch separately. Additionally, as you have verified that SP2 is already installed, meets the Pre-requisite condition. So no action required to check pre-req or related patch missing.

2> I would first suggest to check inventory of the currently installed patch and bits versions. Please run, Robust Office Inventory Scan Tool (ROISCAN). This will give us information of what's the state of versions on file level

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/68b80aba-130d-4ad4-aa45-832b1ee49602

3> If its showing still SP2, means the updates aren't installed. If its showing build 14.0.7102.5004 than we should check which ones aren't updated. You can also collect same on App server , and compare with this report.

Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:03 AM
  • Hello Dolly,

As I haven't heard back your response, assuming reported issue is resolved or you haven't been able to check the suggestion. I will ask the moderator to close this thread, however please feel free to report the query again and we will work on it.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:24 PM