none
Password Protection RRS feed

• Question

• Before updating to Windows 10, my new laptop had a password on the first screen. After installing the Windows 10 update, I can't seem to find where to set that up again. I liked knowing everyone didn't have access to my computer.
    Friday, July 31, 2015 11:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The password on the first screen did you mean the login screen's user account's password?

If yes, after upgrade to Windows 10, how did you login Windows? Didn't you need to enter the password?

We could set the password for one user account as these steps:

Settings ->Accounts-> Family & other users -> Add someone else to this PC

If you want to add the local account, choose "The person i want to add doesn't have an email address", and then choose "Add a user without a Microsoft account" option into the following UI

Here you could type the Password to protect the user account.

If want to add a Microsoft account, just follow the instruction in the first screen to finish it.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:43 PM

All replies

• Try restart your PC and check if ask for password or not?

Try logout and try login and see if ask for password.

Friday, July 31, 2015 1:31 PM
  • Hi,

The password on the first screen did you mean the login screen's user account's password?

If yes, after upgrade to Windows 10, how did you login Windows? Didn't you need to enter the password?

We could set the password for one user account as these steps:

Settings ->Accounts-> Family & other users -> Add someone else to this PC

If you want to add the local account, choose "The person i want to add doesn't have an email address", and then choose "Add a user without a Microsoft account" option into the following UI

Here you could type the Password to protect the user account.

If want to add a Microsoft account, just follow the instruction in the first screen to finish it.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:43 PM