The file may be corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum - Vista X64 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i have just built a new pc which is currently running Vista X86 and is running it well, anyway i bought Vista X64 yesterday only to find that when i try to boot the disk i get an error saying "The file may be corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum"

I read a post from December about this problem but could not a find a working fix, also the post was about x86 so left me wondering what could be wrong as i am running that version stable.

My Pc Spec is:
                           Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
                           Gigabyte
    GA-EP45T-DS3
                           OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz
                           Sapphire HD 4850

Any help would be much appreciated
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your problem description, you might perform the following steps to narrow down the problem.

Method 1: Use the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to run System Restore

===============================================================

1. Insert the Windows Vista X86 installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next

4. Click Repair your computer

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next 

6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on System Restore.

7. Follow the System Restore Wizard instruction as usual and choose the appropriate restore point.

8. Click Finish to restore the system.

Method 2: Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)

==========================================================

1. Insert the Windows Vista X86 installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next

4. Click Repair your computer

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next

6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.

7. (Click the operating system that you want to repair), and then click Next.

8. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Hope it helps!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, January 19, 2009 12:19 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:51 AM