none
Why? Inserted subproject does not responds to date changes? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I inserted subproject and pointed, that's his start related with task ID No 2 (used predecessors). Ok, the subproject responded and changed start date to 2017-05-01. But I changed my mind and predecessors pointed to task ID No 1 whish end dates was 2017-04-15, subproject didn't responded and left same start date 2017-05-01.

My task ID No 3 has end date 2017-05-10 so subproject predecessors wrote 3 the subproject responded and changed start date to 2017-05-10. After that if I writing predecessors task ID 1 or 2 the subproject didn't responding and keeping start date 2017-05-10.

Thank you for tips.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:43 PM

All replies

• SauliusA,

First of all, which version of Project are you using? Is it fully updated?

You say you inserted a subproject and then you refer to task IDs. Did you insert the subproject into a dynamic master that already had other subprojects? When talking about IDs in a master, you need to identify which file (master or subproject) the ID belongs to. In a dynamic master there are separate sets of task IDs, those that belong to the master and those that belong to each individual subproject.

Also, do you have calculation set for automatic?

Are the tasks auto-scheduled or manually scheduled?

A screen shot might help us understand what you are trying to do so that we can better assist you.

John

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 2:02 PM
  • Hello,

I am using O365. In File>Account tab checked version: 1609 (Build 7369.2127)

I created new project. Created tasks and inserted sub project, not sure what is differences between simple project and dynamic master?

Calculation set to automatic. Tasks auto-scheduled.

Can't add pictures my account need to be verified. Do not know how to do that.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:31 AM
  • SauliusA,

O365 is a subscription version so it is always up to date with the latest fixes.

You say you created a new project. Am I to understand that you then created tasks in that project? How about the sub project, is it a separate file with it's own tasks? When you inserted the subproject into the master did you go to, Project > Insert group > Subproject or did you use some other process?

As far as getting verfified to post screen shots, see https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/b32ea85e-af56-4c1e-8ab2-0fc199fbc1df/verify-account?forum=w7itproinstall

John

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 1:56 AM