RC 1 Software Compatibility Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I just wanted to let the Developers/Programmers of Windows 7 know of a software compatibility issue with RC 1.  And it's the ONLY issue I've had with RC 1.  I've tried every piece of software I can think of with RC 1, and I haven't had a problem one with it EXCEPT with the Adobe Acrobat Reader Browser Plugin.

Every time I try and click on an online PDF, I get a blank screen in response.  I have to right click the link, click SAVE FILE AS, and then open it once it's on my hard drive.  Then it works great.  It's just the browser plugin that's having the compatibility issues and that's in both Internet Explorer *AND* Mozilla Firefox. 

Not sure what the problem is, but maybe it's an easy fix for the final release before shipment.

Anthony
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:20 AM

Answers

• That is an issue that should be solved since Acrobat Reader 9.1.2. In previous versions, you had to go to "Preferences" and to disable "Display PDF in browser".
    Mobile AMD64 3000+, VIA Apollo K8T800 chipset, 1 G RAM, ATIRadeonMobility 9700, 20x DVDRW, C:XPSP3 (55G),D:WIN7 (25G),F:DATA (250G)
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 9:51 AM