HealthVault inaccessible from Xfinity/Comcast in Bellevue, WA RRS feed

• Question

• I'm unable to access HealthVault.com or any of the Win8/WP8 apps via my home internet connection. (Xfinity/Comcast in Bellevue, WA)

If I take my mobile devices off my home internet to Verizon's LTE or to Microsoft's corpnet (I'm an employee), it works fine.

What's the best avenue to report connectivity issues and have them troubleshot/resolved? I'm happy to help provide any needed diagnostic information.

Saturday, July 5, 2014 10:58 PM

All replies

• Hello Marius, I'm Josh with HealthVault Customer Support.

In looking at our uptime numbers, we haven't experienced any downtime at all, and on a personal note, I'm a Comcast customer (Kirkland) and logged in to my personal HV account this past Saturday and Sunday from home just fine.  That makes me think it's potentially a local network/Comcast or hardware problem.  By changing  providers (from Comcast to Verizon), you said you gained access to your HV service/apps, so I'd think it's a provider based issue and would direct you to Comcast as a first line of communications.

If however you can confirm that this is exclusively HealthVault or associated app related, and the issue is the same across all the providers you have exposure to, by all means please contact our Customer Support team (http://bit.ly/1jNofHS) at your earliest convenience so we can investigate further. 

I hope this helps Marius.

Josh W.

• Proposed as answer by Josh War Monday, July 7, 2014 6:46 PM
    Monday, July 7, 2014 6:34 PM
  • Thanks for the info, Josh. I agree with your interpretation of the problem, I was just thinking I'd have better luck solving this from the HealthVault side than from Comcast, who's not likely to be helpful.

In response to your second paragraph - this is purely HV related. All other MSFT services seem to work fine (O365, Xbox, etc.) - it's purely HV that doesn't work from here.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:49 PM
  • I guess you can ignore below.  Sounds like we've got you connected with our senior Ops guy, no better person to help resolve your issues! 

---------------------------------------

Hi Marius, thanks for the follow up.   Hopefully we fare a bit better in regard to customer service. 
    I saw your twitter posts as well and was about to ask you here if you had any success in resolving healthvault.com from your Comcast connection yet?  If not, could you ping healthvault.com from a command window, and let us know what IP it shows?  I'm not concerned with whether the ping succeeds or not at this point, just which IP you're hitting when you try. 

Thanks in advance Marius.

Josh W.

• Edited by Josh War Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:55 PM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:01 PM