FileMaker Pro 9 cannot connect to remote server RRS feed

• Question

• I just recently built a new computer using Windows 7 Pro. It is setup as a single user login with Administrator privileges. When I launch FileMaker Pro 9 and try to log on to a remote server, I get the window to select the remote server URL but when I select it, the computer just sets there and does nothing, never connects or shows the available databases and no error messages. I have turned off the Windows firewall, turned off Norton AntiVirus and still get the same results. I am convinced Windows 7 is stopping the connection but can't find anything that fixes the problem. I do not have the problem with my computer that runs Windows XP on the same network.

I have no problem with IE9 going to any URL. I uninstalled IE10 and went back to IE9 because IE10 prevented me from viewing URLs that I normally use.

Appreciate any suggestions to resolve.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

“I have no problem with IE9 going to any URL. I uninstalled IE10 and went back to IE9 because IE10 prevented me from viewing URLs that I normally use.”

Did you mean that this issue only occur in IE 10, if so, I suggest you press Alt+F>Tools>Compatibility View Settings>add the URLs to compatibility view, or click F12 develop tools, set browser mode to Internet explorer 9.

And It is also recommended to contact the filemaker support, I think they will have more resource and ideas about this issue.

http://forums.filemaker.com/hives/12f66388aa/summary

Regards,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, November 25, 2013 7:13 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 12:23 PM