Create Media - adding a folder to Deploy folder contents when burning ISO RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Hoping for some assistance as i cannot seem to figure this out. I've inherited and MDT environment (i normally just use sccm). 

To make a long story short:

When i burn my ISO created from MDT, the DEPLOY folder within contains some customization's in a custom folder. I've been having to copy over an additional folder manually into this deploy folder because i dont know how to automate this.

How does one automatically as part of the process get a folder in the DEPLOY folder within the burned the ISO?

Thanks in advance!

Sean

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:32 PM

Answers

• Thank you all for the information. I found the ultimate answers i was looking for. 

When creating your MDT .iso it first copies the content to a content folder in the same location as the ISO as "replace" ie if anything is there already w/ same names its overwritten - but anything else stays.

So if you're media is being sent to M:\youriso.iso, m should also have a content folder (or will after first creation). Dont delete it - add the folders you want within your ISO. Rerun media, and you will have the content copied from the content folder to your ISO.

Hope this helps! :)

• Marked as answer by Sean_076 Monday, March 2, 2020 8:04 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2020 8:04 PM

All replies

• Hello Sean,

If you would create the custom directories inside DeploymentShare > Scripts. It will automatically copied the entire directory once media generation will complete. No need to perform the manual steps.

Currently How're you approach for this. 

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:45 PM
  • Correct. When you have customs things like additional folders from the original structure nothing will be move except everything inside scripts folder. To fix your problem you can manually move the folders before create the ISO by updating or move everything inside scripts folder and fix your links then will be move automatically. 

You can also mount your ISO and add anything needed to the Deploy folder. 

What i do now to do not have to mess with links or path i use %DeployRoot% or %ScriptRoot% in every link. When you move this to a USB or ISO will always find the path instead of \\server\DeploymentShare$\

Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:59 PM
  • Thank you all for the information. I found the ultimate answers i was looking for. 

When creating your MDT .iso it first copies the content to a content folder in the same location as the ISO as "replace" ie if anything is there already w/ same names its overwritten - but anything else stays.

So if you're media is being sent to M:\youriso.iso, m should also have a content folder (or will after first creation). Dont delete it - add the folders you want within your ISO. Rerun media, and you will have the content copied from the content folder to your ISO.

Hope this helps! :)

• Marked as answer by Sean_076 Monday, March 2, 2020 8:04 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2020 8:04 PM