none
Delay Delivery

Question

• Hi,

Need some help on one specific request that my management team has. For all the sales department they want to set a rule in Outlook or from Server side, where if any email they receive and if it is unread for more than 15mins then it should be forwarded to his manager and if he also keeps the mail unread then it should be forwarded to his manager (up to 2 levels). Is this functionality can be achieved without any third party <g class="gr_ gr_781 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="781" id="781">utility ?</g>

If it requires third party utility then what tool I should be looking.

Thanks,

Vijesh

Thanks, Vijesh Rajan

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Need some help on one specific request that my management team has. For all the sales department they want to set a rule in Outlook or from Server side, where if any email they receive and if it is unread for more than 15mins then it should be forwarded to his manager and if he also keeps the mail unread then it should be forwarded to his manager (up to 2 levels). Is this functionality can be achieved without any third party <g class="gr_ gr_781 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="781" id="781">utility ?</g>

If it requires third party utility then what tool I should be looking.

Thanks,

Vijesh

Thanks, Vijesh Rajan

I don't know of any way to do this. And, really, this is a rather silly request by your management. Better to just give delegate rights to the managers and then put it on them to read the messages of the sales dept if that is really required.

Blog:    Twitter:   

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 12:06 PM
  • Even better to hire a babysitter.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Hi,

Per my knowledge, it cannot create such a rule to achieve that, you can refer to below article for the scripts to monitor the mailboxes’ inboxes for the unread item count.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/2cc23209-4e8d-43bd-bc93-71b3439d7401/getting-unread-item-count-for-a-single-user?forum=exchangesvradminlegacy

Using PowerShell and EWS to monitor a mailbox

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Hope it’s helpful for you.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:27 AM