none
Is there a way to clean up the Timesheet tables in MS Project 2007 before I migrate to 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I'm attempting to migrate an instance of project server 2007 over to 2013.  The problem is that it failes on the convertto process when combining the 4 2010 databases into a single 2013 database.

Reading through the logs it appears to be an issues with an invalid Foreign Key in the MSP_TimesheetProjects table.

On investigation I find that the 2007 Timesheet tables in the Reporting database have a number of invalid entries.  We don't use the timesheeting system in that particular instance so there should not be any entries at all.  There are however a couple to projects in the TimesheetProjects table, as well as a few tasks and timesheet lines, even though there don't appear to be any timesheets.  I have run a delete on all timesheets in the system, and have rebuild the Reporting database by restoreing custom fields, but I can't seem to shift them.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the help.

John

Friday, October 31, 2014 10:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi John,

What I'd suggest would be to refresh the 2007 reporting DB. See the procedure below:

1. Logon to Project Web Access with Administrator credentials
    2. Select Administrative Backup from the Database Administration secton on the Server SettingsPage in Project Web Access
    3. In the Items for Backup section of the Backup page, select the checkbox for Enterprise Custom Fields and then click the Backup button and click the OK button when prompted by the system
    4. Select Administrative Restore from the Database Administration secton on the Server Settings Page in Project Web Access
    5. Choose Enterprise Custom Fields from the Choose Item selector on the Restore page
    6. Click the Restore button and then click the OK button when prompted by the system

See reference here.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, November 3, 2014 4:48 PM
  • Unfortunately, that refreshes everything except the timesheet tables. :( You probably need to delete those projects and then re-import them to fix this problem.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:55 PM
  • Good catch Gary, I didn't know that one!

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:00 PM
  • I wish MSFT would give us a tool for this.

P.S. Sorry we didn't get to see you this week Guillaume.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:04 PM