Component error: Discovery Agent failed to bind container RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

On one of my SCCM 2012 R2 primary site, Component 'SMS_AD_SECURITY_GROUP_DISCOVERY_AGENT'  is critical. When i check for error messages, I can see below error,

Active Directory Security Group Discovery Agent failed to bind to container LDAP://CN=Users,DC=Domain,DC=COM. Error: E_ADS_PROPERTY_NOT_FOUND.

Possible cause: The AD container specified earlier might be invalid now. The Domain Controller is inaccessible.

Solution: Please verify that the AD container paths specified are valid. Confirm accessibility of the site server to the Domain Controller to be queried.

Above LDAP path is no more in  'Security Group' discovery nor exists in AD. how do I get rid out of this? or may be delete is from database manually..? 

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by samtiger Monday, November 10, 2014 3:30 PM
    Monday, November 10, 2014 11:11 AM

Answers

• SamTiger,

Go to Administration/Discovery Methods/Active Directory Group Discovery/Properties and delete group that is scanned.

Monday, November 10, 2014 4:30 PM

All replies

• SamTiger,

Go to Administration/Discovery Methods/Active Directory Group Discovery/Properties and delete group that is scanned.

Monday, November 10, 2014 4:30 PM
  • Hi All

Even we have same issue as mentioned by the SamTiger.

Error reported LDAP path is no more in  'Security Group' discovery nor exists in AD. how do I get rid out of this? or may be can we delete the LDAP path from database manually..? 

• Edited by Tom_1985 Monday, November 10, 2014 6:53 PM
    Monday, November 10, 2014 6:47 PM
  • any suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards,

TOM

Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:56 PM