PDF or website print is slow to respond RRS feed

• Question

• When clicking the print button in a PDF document or on a web page, it takes 30-60 seconds for the printing dialogue box to appear. When printing from a Microsoft Office program, the print dialogue box appears right away.

Any idea why it takes so long for the dialogue box to appear in a PDF or web page?

Jonathan

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:44 PM

Answers

• This issue can be due to fonts on the doc. You can force PDF files to be printed as graphics as opposed to text, to do this launch  Adobe Reader, select Print > Advanced > Print as image.

Check if this works.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Unfortunately that does not help. The Advanced button is on the Print dialogue box. It's that box that takes 30 or more seconds to appear. It's not the printing that's slow, it's waiting for the Print dialogue box to appear after clicking on File/Print or clicking the printer icon in the toolbar at the top of Reader.

The same thing happens with Outlook and Microsoft Streets and Trips. However, when printing from Word or Excel or the Microsoft Office Picture Manager, the print dialogue box pops up immediately after clicking File/Print.

I looked through the user's preferences for the printer and I changed one setting involving the Media Type which I changed from Unspecified to Auto media selection. Much to my surprise, when I tested the 3 programs, the print dialogue box popped right up. I can only surmise those 3 programs were delayed because of that. I'm having the user test for a couple of days before calling the issue resolved though.

Jonathan

Thursday, August 1, 2013 3:09 PM

All replies

• This issue can be due to fonts on the doc. You can force PDF files to be printed as graphics as opposed to text, to do this launch  Adobe Reader, select Print > Advanced > Print as image.

Check if this works.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:00 AM

Check if this works.

Unfortunately that does not help. The Advanced button is on the Print dialogue box. It's that box that takes 30 or more seconds to appear. It's not the printing that's slow, it's waiting for the Print dialogue box to appear after clicking on File/Print or clicking the printer icon in the toolbar at the top of Reader.

The same thing happens with Outlook and Microsoft Streets and Trips. However, when printing from Word or Excel or the Microsoft Office Picture Manager, the print dialogue box pops up immediately after clicking File/Print.

I looked through the user's preferences for the printer and I changed one setting involving the Media Type which I changed from Unspecified to Auto media selection. Much to my surprise, when I tested the 3 programs, the print dialogue box popped right up. I can only surmise those 3 programs were delayed because of that. I'm having the user test for a couple of days before calling the issue resolved though.

Jonathan

Thursday, August 1, 2013 3:09 PM
  • Great :)

Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:28 PM