none
know whos trying to log in using my account

Question

• hi every one ,

am a site admin in big company and already we applied Audit for log in , but it's not till who is trying to log in using my account , i meant it is just saying that there is failure attempt ,is there any way to know the computer name , MAC , IP ??

Osma Othman

Monday, August 8, 2016 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Osma,
    In the audit logon event, generally, you will find the computer name and source network address.
    Regarding Mac address, as far as I know, there's no built-in way to get it directly. However, if you are using DHCP, you could have a try to query the DHCP server.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Osama123 Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Osma,
    In the audit logon event, generally, you will find the computer name and source network address.
    Regarding Mac address, as far as I know, there's no built-in way to get it directly. However, if you are using DHCP, you could have a try to query the DHCP server.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Osama123 Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:47 AM
  • thank you for your reply, i found the IP ,, thank you

Osma Othman

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 8:55 AM
  • Hi Osma,
    I am glad to hear that the IP is found, and if you think that my reply is helpful to you, please kindly help to mark it as answer, it would be helpful to others who have the same questions.
    Thank you for cooperation in advance.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 1:37 AM
  • done ,sorry i thought if i vote that will be enough :)

Osma Othman

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:31 AM
  • Hi Osma,
    Thank you for your cooperation and time.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Thursday, August 11, 2016 1:19 AM