How to use CSProduct Version for DriverGroup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I have a question My laptop model is Lenovo X280  When i use "Wmic Computersystem Get Model" return "20KES7J700"

but it's not real model because when i use "wmic Csproduct Get Version" will return "ThinkPad X280" it's real mode name

so my "Set Task Sequence Variable" Value should i type it? if i still use "Windows10\x64\%Make%\%Model%" it's not working

Could give me a method? Thank 

Sorry if my English not good!

Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:22 AM

All replies

• How are you using Windows 10\ x64 \%Make%\%Model%.. It's working fine for me.

Here you don't need to use query to categorized.

Have you created the folder structure as shown below. Reference link

Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:27 AM
  • You will probably be interested in using a Model Alias. It's been around for a while and still works well (I still use it).

Modelalias User Exit for Microsoft Deployment Toolkit

Daniel Vega

Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:20 PM
  • Dell makes it easy.   Lenovo can have 20 different model numbers for each product line.  They all use the same driver packs, it is just a difference in the catalog number.  They list the true model number under the "Version" variable.

The model alias script is probably the easiest way to fix the issue.  Our solution is very custom and not as portable, it uses the actual Model number along with a custom ini file to verify if we support the model.  

Friday, May 17, 2019 1:37 PM