none
How do I create this report in MS Project? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to create a report like this in excel:

The report would be based on a resource sheet in Microsoft Porject. It looks similar to this:

Can you guys help me with that?

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:20 PM

Answers

• An approximation is to add a custom field in the Resource Sheet that has a formula WorkingDaysInYear * max units

Now you simply save the project as an xls file and export only resources. Select the Custom field as one of the fields and you're done.

WorkingDaysInYear needs to be number of working days in year - statutory holidays less sick leave allowance less annual leave.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:26 PM

All replies

• Oh and what it does is it looks at each department's full time and part time employees and how many days they work in say 2011. Then it adds them all up. That's it :)
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:22 PM
  • An approximation is to add a custom field in the Resource Sheet that has a formula WorkingDaysInYear * max units

Now you simply save the project as an xls file and export only resources. Select the Custom field as one of the fields and you're done.

WorkingDaysInYear needs to be number of working days in year - statutory holidays less sick leave allowance less annual leave.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:26 PM