none
DPM2012 and Remote instance, Errors with Reporting Services RRS feed

• Question

• While I've seen this error in other threads, I've tried everything suggested in those threads with no success.  I've tried multiple remote SQL servers in our LAB environment with the same lack of result.

The error:

The installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to DPM_SQL of SQL Server, Found in the Setup log:

Information : Got Error Message: The installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to DPM_SQL of SQL Server.1)To use the local dedicated DPM_SQL instance with DPM, uninstall SQL Server and run the program again. 

Funny enough, about 10 lines down is:

Information : Report Server service configuration is correct.

What I've tried

I've tried both SQL Server 2008 Enterprise R2 with and without SP1. The SQL service is not clustered. Reporting Services is configured, the WebServiceURL and ReportManager URL are both accessible locally and remotely. Both Reporting services and hte DPM install are referecing the SERVERNAME\INSTANCENAME.  I'm using a single service account for SQL that is a sysadmin in the SQL Database and an Administrator on the server itself.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Friday, December 7, 2012 4:36 PM

All replies