PST error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts, i am exporting PST files year wise for a mailbox.
    i am not able to export PST's simultaneously.
    I am currently exporting PST of mails of year 2009 and its running, 
    when i parallely export the pst file of year 2010 i am getting below error.
    New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox "user1@mydomain.com" -batchname user1 -ContentFilter {(Received -gt '01/01/2010') -and (Received -lt '12/31/2010')} -FilePath "\\server\sharedpath\user1.pst" -IsArchive
     The name must be unique per mailbox. There isn't a default name available for a new request owned by mailbox 'user1'. Please clean up existing requests by using the Remove cmdlet or specify a unique name. + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (user1@mydomain.com:MailboxLocationIdParameter) [New-MailboxExp ortRequest], NoAvailableDefaultNamePermanentException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=myexchangeserver01,RequestId=580082bt-87b7-42ah-a332-8e87f02bd9ba,TimeStamp=9/6/2018 1 0:24:25 AM] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-NoAvailableDefaultNamePermanentException] 6588F82AD,Microsoft.Exchange.Manageme

After exporting 2009 pst  i need to run the command 

Remove-MailboxExportRequest -Identity "user1@mydomain.com\MailboxExport"

then i can export 2010 pst

Thursday, September 6, 2018 11:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can create multiple mailbox export requests per mailbox, and each request must have a unique name. If you don’t assign a name for the request, Exchange automatically generates up to 10 unique names for a mailbox export request like <alias>\MailboxExportX (where X = 0-9).

When Exchange has generated 10 request names for the export of year 2009, it won’t generates another name for new export for the same mailbox. You can use the command to check that.

Get-MailboxExportRequest | ft identity, mailbox, status

To solve this issue, you can remove the specify a unique name when creating the export request. 

New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox "user1@mydomain.com" -Name CustomName

Also, you can remove existing requests with a default name before starting a new request for the same mailbox.

Remove-MailboxExportRequest -Identity DefaultName

Please feel free to post your questions, and I am glad to provide further assistance.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Risingflight Friday, September 7, 2018 10:22 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Risingflight Saturday, September 8, 2018 5:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Risingflight Monday, September 10, 2018 5:08 PM
    Friday, September 7, 2018 8:42 AM
  • Remove-MigrationBatch is used to remove batch request for mailbox migration. To remove failed export request, you should use the command below.

Get-MailboxExportRequest -Status failed | Remove-MailboxExportRequest

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 10, 2018 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create multiple mailbox export requests per mailbox, and each request must have a unique name. If you don’t assign a name for the request, Exchange automatically generates up to 10 unique names for a mailbox export request like <alias>\MailboxExportX (where X = 0-9).

When Exchange has generated 10 request names for the export of year 2009, it won’t generates another name for new export for the same mailbox. You can use the command to check that.

Get-MailboxExportRequest | ft identity, mailbox, status

To solve this issue, you can remove the specify a unique name when creating the export request. 

New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox "user1@mydomain.com" -Name CustomName

Also, you can remove existing requests with a default name before starting a new request for the same mailbox.

Remove-MailboxExportRequest -Identity DefaultName

Please feel free to post your questions, and I am glad to provide further assistance.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

• Marked as answer by Risingflight Friday, September 7, 2018 10:22 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Risingflight Saturday, September 8, 2018 5:06 AM
    Friday, September 7, 2018 8:42 AM
  • some of the PSTs have failed, will the below syntax work for me

Get-Migrationbatch -Status failed | Remove-Migrationbatch 

Friday, September 7, 2018 6:55 PM
  • Remove-MigrationBatch is used to remove batch request for mailbox migration. To remove failed export request, you should use the command below.

Get-MailboxExportRequest -Status failed | Remove-MailboxExportRequest

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Monday, September 10, 2018 10:30 AM