none
MDT required component identification RRS feed

• Question

• I checked for component update.

Found required did install. I strongly believe I had it installed before. And today's reinstallation just change the installation date in Control Panel. How to identify if the appropriate version is installed. Required (in MDT) and installed are have nothing in common. May be it displays the version of x86.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:16 PM

Answers

• The Component update tab in the MDT 2012 and 2013 consoles are out of date, and you should not use them anymore. This is listed in the "MDT 2013 Release Notes":

Check for Updates downloads an older list of components

In the Deployment Workbench, Information Center, Components node, selecting Check for Updates from the Action menu will download an older version of bddmanifest.cab, reverting the component manifest (ComponentList.xml) to an older version.

WORKAROUND: Do not use Check for Updates; this feature is deprecated and will be removed in the future.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, October 3, 2014 4:38 PM

All replies

• The Component update tab in the MDT 2012 and 2013 consoles are out of date, and you should not use them anymore. This is listed in the "MDT 2013 Release Notes":

Check for Updates downloads an older list of components

In the Deployment Workbench, Information Center, Components node, selecting Check for Updates from the Action menu will download an older version of bddmanifest.cab, reverting the component manifest (ComponentList.xml) to an older version.

WORKAROUND: Do not use Check for Updates; this feature is deprecated and will be removed in the future.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, October 3, 2014 4:38 PM
  • Thanks!

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Monday, October 6, 2014 3:51 PM