none
Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 sites RRS feed

• Question

• Can anybody shed any light on this.. In the "Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 sites"

Policy if I use a wildcard domain name eg *.mydomain.com/mysite

Will Compatibility View be applied to all servers under .mydomain.com

OR  

Only to those sites that have a /mysite after the mydomain.com...

eg...  server.mydomain.com/mysite

Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Confused of HDA2,

Do you mean only the URL include the "dbobject" should be applied with the GPO? Does the URLs of "mydomain.com" include the "dbobject "?

We can try "*/dbobject" to have a check.

If the URLs of mydomain.com includes "dbobject",I am afraid we may need to input the full name to distinguish them.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 15, 2015 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Confused of HDA2,

This is main about the fuzzy expression.

According to my understanding, "server.mydomain.com/mysite" is included in this expression.
    The "server" can be replaced by other letters,words or any expressions but the remaining should be the same.In other words, the "*" can be anything only if it meets the rules of URL.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 15, 2015 5:59 AM
  • Hi MeipoXu

Yes your understanding is correct..

We are attempting to uncheck the "display intranet sites in compatibility mode" setting in the Compatibility View settings.

We have a corporate domain name and one of my departments have requested that we still list 30 different site addresses. I could use the '*' as a wildcard but that would defeat the object of the exercise.

As all of the sites have a common structure to the URL after the domain name

server.mydomain.com/dbobject

My question is could I use the expression

*.mydomain/dbobject

in the GPO Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 sites To set any site in mydomain.com that has "dbobject" as the next part of the url

Whilst allowing every other site  with in mydomain.com to render in IE11.

I hope that's a better explanation.

Friday, May 15, 2015 6:25 AM
  • Hi Confused of HDA2,

Do you mean only the URL include the "dbobject" should be applied with the GPO? Does the URLs of "mydomain.com" include the "dbobject "?

We can try "*/dbobject" to have a check.

If the URLs of mydomain.com includes "dbobject",I am afraid we may need to input the full name to distinguish them.

Best regards

Friday, May 15, 2015 8:33 AM
  • Yes...

By Adding *.mydomain.com/dbobject to the GPO

The site

ServerA.mydomain.com/dbobject  -->  will be viewed in compatibility mode

But Sites

ServerB.mydomain.com/anotherobject  --> will be viewed without Compatibility mode

Friday, May 15, 2015 9:00 AM