Vista Imaging Backup Program - Question RRS feed

• Question

• In the very near future, I am preparing to purchase a new Dell computer with Vista installed (Small Business Edition).  On my current computer with windows XP Pro (SP2), I use the Symantec Livestate Desktop program and it has worked very well for me for backup and restore.  My initial readings about Vista indicates that there is an imaging program as part of the Vista OS. 

I am wondering if I should depend on the Vista imaging program or purchase a commerical backup/recovery program such as Acronis True Image program.  Any comments, good or bad experience about the Vista imaging program, and suggestions would be very much appreciated.  Sam

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:43 PM

All replies

• DO NOT DEPEND ON IT!   IT DOESNT WORK....IT ONLY WORKS TO RESTOR TO THE SAME HARD DRIVE YOU BACKED UP FROM, WHICH MAKES IT ABSOLUTELY USELESS. I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR MANY MANY HOURS TO TRY TO RECOVER 10 YEARS WORTH OF DATA THANKS TO THIS POORLY CONCEIVED MSPARANOIA BACKUP PROGRAM. I AM EXTREMELY P'ED OFF. AND THEY DO NOT HAVE A FIX FOR IT....IT WAS DESIGNED TO CHECK ALL OF YOUR DRIVES ETC AND MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME BEFORE IT WILL RESTORE...SO IF YOU CRASH A DRIVE YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!!
    Saturday, March 31, 2007 11:59 PM