Host Process for windows services stopped working since last night's vista update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im keep getting
    "Host Process for windows services has stopped working.  "

And I have click " close program", but it keeps coming back.

I have this problem today march24, since the update is done and rebooted my computer. 

Im suspecting its vista's update messed something up on this update. 

I saw this message once a while, but never so often.   It keeps happening as soon as the first time happened, it just keeps coming out with that pop up.  I have to reboot to stop it, but it comes out after a while after it is rebooted.

Anyone has this same issue?  Any known fix?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Im keep getting
    "Host Process for windows services has stopped working.  "

And I have click " close program", but it keeps coming back.

I have this problem today march24, since the update is done and rebooted my computer. 

Im suspecting its vista's update messed something up on this update. 

I saw this message once a while, but never so often.   It keeps happening as soon as the first time happened, it just keeps coming out with that pop up.  I have to reboot to stop it, but it comes out after a while after it is rebooted.

Anyone has this same issue?  Any known fix?

I am getting the same error and checked all if I could get any resolution. This error comes on every 5min and after I click close program, I get an "svchost.exe - Application Error" which says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click Ok to terminate the application". If I click OK, the error comes again. Please help.
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 9:40 AM
  • it seems its some kind of software glitch with svchost.  Or compatibility between windows svchost and some software.
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:33 PM