Bug in Technical Preview 5 with Wireless Networking found. RRS feed

• Question

• Now that we are finally able to use Wireless Network Adapters in the latest Technical Preview, I need to alert the team to a bug that I have found that should be reproducible after every boot.  

When you click on the wireless network that you want to use, your previously entered Wifi password WPA key is not remembered and needs to be entered every time you reboot.  That's not all, however after I click enter after typing in my password, the network settings window crashes and creates dump file everytime, (I have it set up for procdump to create a dump after every crash.)  explorer is the application that crashes after entering my Wifi password.  

I hope this bug can be fixed in a coming update, I use wireless networking only because I like to use my ethernet connection for the Hyper-V virtual machines on this host and if I need to do anything on the host I can use a wireless network at the same time.  Thanks

If you want a dump to be uploaded to onedrive please respond to this post

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I understand that the issue brought some trouble to you. Sorry for all these inconvenience.

About Window server 2016, Microsoft has released 5 technical previews, which is a large number, and normally that would suggest that Windows Server 2016 is close to completion, but many of the features in technical preview 5 were early previews meaning there is still a significant amount of work to be done. Microsoft is also placing a large focus on customer feedback and continue to make several tweak to features and the system based on the feedback they receive.

From the Windows Server 2016 TP5 TechNet website, you can find a way to give feedback:

Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt126143.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

"Want to provide feedback or make a suggestion? Is there something that we could do better? You can use the Windows Server User Voice site to give feedback, recommend features, and to see what others are saying."

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alvwan Monday, July 4, 2016 2:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Friday, July 8, 2016 10:02 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I understand that the issue brought some trouble to you. Sorry for all these inconvenience.

About Window server 2016, Microsoft has released 5 technical previews, which is a large number, and normally that would suggest that Windows Server 2016 is close to completion, but many of the features in technical preview 5 were early previews meaning there is still a significant amount of work to be done. Microsoft is also placing a large focus on customer feedback and continue to make several tweak to features and the system based on the feedback they receive.

From the Windows Server 2016 TP5 TechNet website, you can find a way to give feedback:

Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt126143.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

"Want to provide feedback or make a suggestion? Is there something that we could do better? You can use the Windows Server User Voice site to give feedback, recommend features, and to see what others are saying."

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alvwan Monday, July 4, 2016 2:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Friday, July 8, 2016 10:02 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:03 AM
  • Good to hear that i am not the only one with this problem.

Also this is Windows OS problem, i tried different WiFi adapter - same thing, Explorer.exe crashes after  trying to connect.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 10:32 AM