Whitesmoke Translator RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I seem to have a virus called Whitesmoke Translator. About 3 months ago i took it to a tech and they advised me to download anti-malwarebytes, which i did. It solved the immediate problem, however i began to have the same issue a few days ago so i scanned my computer again and it was back i went through and removed all infected selections the anti-malware suggested. I was looking through my computer to try and find something to explain why my programs are all acting up and i found the Whitesmoke Translator in my prgrams and features list. I then tried to uninstall it completely, but it stops the process and tells me to put in a disk 1 that contains file data2.cab.  or to specify a new path.

I do not know what this means. I did not install it with a disk. If anyone can help me with this that would be great!!

thanx

Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:00 AM

Answers

• Backup all personal data and completely reinstall your Windows to make sure you get rid of the malware!

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:46 AM
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

WhiteSmoke Translator is not a virus, it's software that translates between up to 10 languages. If you downloaded it from an unsafe site, it's possible somehow you got some malware with it. You can download it safely from their website at www.whitesmoke.com.

If you are having trouble, you can always try contacting the WhiteSmoke support team.

Good luck!

Roger

Monday, February 14, 2011 2:09 PM

All replies

• Backup all personal data and completely reinstall your Windows to make sure you get rid of the malware!

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

WhiteSmoke Translator is not a virus, it's software that translates between up to 10 languages. If you downloaded it from an unsafe site, it's possible somehow you got some malware with it. You can download it safely from their website at www.whitesmoke.com.

If you are having trouble, you can always try contacting the WhiteSmoke support team.

Good luck!

Roger

Monday, February 14, 2011 2:09 PM