none
70-697 Testing build

Question

• Hi all,

I am in the process of finalizing my studying for the 70-697 to upgrade my Windows 8.1 MCSA to Windows 10 however I couldn't find on the site anywhere if they are testing on build 1511 or 1607 is this information posted anywhere?

Thanks
    Sean

<p>MCSA: Windows 7/8.1</p>

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 6:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Sean, The last client exam I sat was Win 7 and didn't concern myself on build numbers. Tonight I contacted someone I know who co-wrote the MS Press book for 70-697 and he said exams are generally updated on a 6 monthly cycle with new content to keep them fresh. During these refreshes, it is likely that new features of the operating system will be included. Anyone taking the exam should have hands on experience of the current version of the O/S. He then said build content will not be tested as this is not mainstream. This confirms what I was suspecting and hopefully helps you :-) Stu
    • Marked as answer by Sean Mallonee Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:03 AM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Sean.  I've had a read around and can't see anything.  Exams are usually based on O/S version aren't they e.g. server exams are R2 or non-R2?  I've never sat one before where I've had to pay attention to a granular particular build number.
    Friday, March 17, 2017 3:01 PM
  • Stu,

Thanks for the reply.  I do know of the non-R2 and R2 exams however with Windows 10 shifting more to build number base I have run into a couple situations where information between the two builds is different. 

Couple instances are under the settings app, the options available on the left side in different categories differ from build 1507/1511 to 1607.  Change device installation settings, you have 3 additional options in 1507/1511 vs 1607. 

I just want to make sure I am prepping for the right build :).

Thanks
    Sean

Monday, March 20, 2017 9:29 PM
  • Hi Sean, The last client exam I sat was Win 7 and didn't concern myself on build numbers. Tonight I contacted someone I know who co-wrote the MS Press book for 70-697 and he said exams are generally updated on a 6 monthly cycle with new content to keep them fresh. During these refreshes, it is likely that new features of the operating system will be included. Anyone taking the exam should have hands on experience of the current version of the O/S. He then said build content will not be tested as this is not mainstream. This confirms what I was suspecting and hopefully helps you :-) Stu
    • Marked as answer by Sean Mallonee Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:03 AM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:38 AM
  • Stu,

That is exactly what I needed to know.  Thanks for the replies.

Thanks
    Sean

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:04 AM
  • No probs and good luck with the cert!
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:35 AM