Microsoft Word Text Box Problem RRS feed

• Question

• For a few of my word documents, the text boxes go crazy. After I'm finished formatting the textboxes, I save the word file and close it. If I open the file later, the textboxes suddenly switch places with one another, and the sizing and placing goes haywire. Pictures also move around as well. This has only happened with three of my word documents, and I've created over 30 similar word documents with similar formatting. I'm not sure what causes this problem, but repositioning the textboxes and pictures doesn't help since whenever the document is reopened, the textboxes and pictures are in all the wrong places. I'm getting frustrated with wrestling with Microsoft Word, so I'd appreciate some help! Thanks.
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:54 PM

Answers

• First of all, make sure all updates have been applied.

And check if there are special macros or add-ins in use, disable them to check if this behavior will still occur.

If the problem persists, make a copy of the problem document, check if this behavior will still occur.

If the problem persists, remove anything esle in the document copy, but the textboxes, check if this behavior will still occur.

• If the problem persists, check the detail settings in the current document, and let me know
    • If the problem stops, delete half of the content, check if this behavior will still occur.
      Repeat last procedure, untill the problem stops. Then check the another part of the documents. See what remains in the end, and let me know.

If possible, send me a sample document with the problem to the following email address (replace "a" with @):

icff"a"live.com

Remove anything sensitive.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, February 4, 2013 6:48 AM
    Monday, January 28, 2013 8:13 AM