none
Getting successors to show in a View in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• I created a template in Project Professional and used it to create a new project in PWA.  The template has a column for successors (and also predessors).  Predessors came over no problem just did not see the successor column.  Looked at the View and successor is not an available field there.  Is there a way to show the successor field in PWA?  Thanks.

scott howes

Monday, July 30, 2012 9:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try the below workaround:

1. Goto PWA| Server settings | Enterprise custom fields and lookup tables and Create a Enterprise custom field named "Successor" of Task type. In Custom Attribute section, select Formula option and type in the Formula box:   [Successors]   .Click Save.

2. Goto Server settings | Manage Views| Select the view in which you want to add Enterprise custom field Successor. Add the Successor field from Available fields list to Displayed fields list. Click save.

3. Open the desired Project in Project Pro and save and publish it.

4. From Project center, open the Project saved/published in step 3 above. Select the View in which you added Successor custom field and check whether you can see the values in Successor column.

Note: Enterprise custom field Successor will be a read only column in the View since it is a formula field.

Thanks and Regards, Roopkumar Kamat (MCITP) Please click Mark As Answer; if a post resolves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:29 PM
  • Hi scottky

I actually had to check for myself:) but you are right, no successor. In this case i dont believe you can add a successor since you cant manipulate what column to show.

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi scottky

I actually had to check for myself:) but you are right, no successor. In this case i dont believe you can add a successor since you cant manipulate what column to show.

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:42 AM
  • I have the same issue.  But surely we must be able to have a successor column in our server projects?  Can anyone point out how to do this with a new server project for example? Thank you.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:43 PM
  • Hi,

Try the below workaround:

1. Goto PWA| Server settings | Enterprise custom fields and lookup tables and Create a Enterprise custom field named "Successor" of Task type. In Custom Attribute section, select Formula option and type in the Formula box:   [Successors]   .Click Save.

2. Goto Server settings | Manage Views| Select the view in which you want to add Enterprise custom field Successor. Add the Successor field from Available fields list to Displayed fields list. Click save.

3. Open the desired Project in Project Pro and save and publish it.

4. From Project center, open the Project saved/published in step 3 above. Select the View in which you added Successor custom field and check whether you can see the values in Successor column.

Note: Enterprise custom field Successor will be a read only column in the View since it is a formula field.

Thanks and Regards, Roopkumar Kamat (MCITP) Please click Mark As Answer; if a post resolves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:29 PM
  • Does anyone know why Successors don't show up in custom views of tasks? Is this something by design?
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:11 PM