Error - 1: "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" RRS feed

• Question

• Error - 1: "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

what should i do, so i can upgrade my Acer Aspire 5740G into Windows 10?

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Shlomi Tamir,

The main issue is upgrading to Windows 10, right?

If this is a Windows 7 genuine verion, it should be available to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Please take the following steps to have a check.

1.First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates and open an administrator command line and run "sfc /scannow" to check the health of system files.
    2.Instead of using the upgrade apps, we could try to upgrade with a Windows 10 installation media. We could get the Windows 10 installation media here.
    Download Windows 10
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    Please ensure you have downloaded the right version (language, architecture ,home or pro). Boot from the installation media, and choose "Upgrade" option when we choose the install type.
    3.If the issue persists, please turn off the third party antivirus software temporarily or uninstall it completely to have a check. We could try  to do the upgrade in clean boot environment to have a check.
    Run "msconfig", "Services", check "Hide all Microsoft services", Disable all the third party services.
    4.If it is still not available to do the upgrade, please check the setup log (C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther\setup*.log) for more information to troubleshoot this issue. We need to enable the "Show hidden files and folders" to see this folder.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:43 AM