none
Domain member computer not running well, when not connected at the network at workplace.

Question

• Hello Microsoft

Few of our computers have problem running, when they are not connected to the domain, because when booting up, it takes a lot of time, and when you finally are logged in, then the computer freezes/gets stuck and then a reboot is the only solution.

When you have done that a couple of times, then the computer starts to run normally, (If you are lucky)

However, if the computers are directly connected to the network at work, it all runs just fine.

And I can’t find any solution.

The two computers who have the problem is:

Dell Precision M4700 (Windows 10)

HP Zbook 15 G3 (Windows 10)

Both computers have been updated with drivers and Windows Update, successfully!

I have checked the errors in the Log on both computers, and they are identical with the same Event ID and Source, and they both gets these repeating errors:

Error: DistributedCOM (10010)

Error: Service Control Manager (7031, 7009 and 7032)

Error: GrupPolicy (1130 and 1129)

Error NETLOGON (5719)

So my question is:

Could the errors be caused because the computer is unavailable to connect to the network, when outside the work – network? Maybe because the computer is to fast to say “No access to the Domain Controller, then I won’t work” because it was not able to connect to the network fast enough when booting?

Or am I just “on the wrong way”?  

Please help, and sorry for any misspellings.

Best Regards

Kristian 

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:03 AM

All replies

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I will move this question to a more appropriate forum.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Monday, March 13, 2017 4:18 PM
  • Hi Kristian,
    After you log in computers, please check if the DNS setting is configured correctly, and you could ping the DC to see if everything is normal.
    In addition, I am wondering to know how you connect to domain when you outside of network.
    And if the problem only happens on the two specific computers, maybe, you could check if there is hardware issue on them, you could test on a fresh computer to see if it happens again.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:24 AM
  • Hi Kristian,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:18 AM