Unable to install Reporting role RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting below error while installing the SCOM reporting role.

"Unable to connect to the Data Access service for this management server. Ensure the Data Access service is running and that the service, the management group, and setup are all the same version."

I checked data access service is running fine, connectivity between reporting and management server is fine. Ports 5724 is open. Also the SPNs are also registered properly. Can anyone suggest what could be the issue here.

Regards,

Daya Ram

Friday, February 23, 2018 3:11 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

I was able to fix the issue by installing the .Net version 4.5.

Regards,

Daya Ram

• Marked as answer by D. R Monday, March 12, 2018 2:36 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2018 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Daya,

please open the setup log files and paste the related stuff... You will find them in the %LocalAppData%\SCOM\Logs folder.

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, February 23, 2018 3:29 PM
  • Here are a couple of tips to help you:

1. Ensure that SSRS is installed on the server on which you are installing the SCOM reporting role. 
    2. Naturally ensure that the Data Access Service is running, and that any service account you have configured for this service is valid and has the permissions to the instance(s) holding the SCOM DBs. 
    3. Additionally, ensure that the Data warehouse write account and Data Reader accounts are valid and have the right permissions to the SCOM dbs and local Admins on the target server.

_____________________________________________________________________________

If you've found this post helpful,  please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" MrChiyo | My blog: Technical | Twitter: MrChiyo

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, March 5, 2018 7:30 AM
    Friday, February 23, 2018 3:33 PM
  • Hello,

I would like to suggest you check whether the Data warehouse write account and Data Reader accounts  and SDK account have local admin permissions on your servers. 

If they are not, please try to add them to the local administrators group. 

Regards,

Yan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, March 5, 2018 7:30 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 1:58 AM
  • Hi All,

I was able to fix the issue by installing the .Net version 4.5.

Regards,

Daya Ram

• Marked as answer by D. R Monday, March 12, 2018 2:36 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2018 2:36 PM