none
Excel 2016 Solver error message (Windows 10) RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Microsoft Office 365 from my school. I am currently facing a problem with installing Solver. I have already done the steps to add in Solver, but I am unable to use this function. This error message keeps appearing: "Cannot run the macro 'SOLVER.XLAM!GetSolverLabel'.

I have tried removing and adding in Solver again, even restarting my laptop, but to no avail.

Here is another error message that happens when I close Excel. The Solver add-in is actually under the Data Analysis function, but the word "Solver" is not appearing, and the whole function does not work.

My laptop is ASUS UX303UA and I am using Windows 10.

I urgently need to use this function for school work and I would be extremely grateful if someone can help me. Thank you.

Saturday, October 1, 2016 7:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First I suggest you confirm if other macro can work in your environment.

Then based on your error message >>"Cannot run the macro 'SOLVER.XLAM!GetSolverLabel'.<< Please try to do the following methods to fix the issue:

1. Open VBE (Alt+F11)>Click Tools> References>set to SOLVER>Show immediate code pane (Ctrl+G)>Copy/paste (or write): application.run "solver.xlam!auto_open"

2. Disable the other Excel add-ins, such as  Adobe PDFMaker.

3. Repair Office 2013.

Please try these methods and let me know the result, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 3, 2016 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First I suggest you confirm if other macro can work in your environment.

Then based on your error message >>"Cannot run the macro 'SOLVER.XLAM!GetSolverLabel'.<< Please try to do the following methods to fix the issue:

1. Open VBE (Alt+F11)>Click Tools> References>set to SOLVER>Show immediate code pane (Ctrl+G)>Copy/paste (or write): application.run "solver.xlam!auto_open"

2. Disable the other Excel add-ins, such as  Adobe PDFMaker.

3. Repair Office 2013.

Please try these methods and let me know the result, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 3, 2016 7:50 AM
  • Same problem here.  Using Windows 10, Excel 2016 MSO (16.0.8431.2046) 64-bit.

Tried everything suggested and nothing worked.

Sunday, October 8, 2017 11:54 PM
  • could you please clarify better the steps? If I click on Tools and choose references I can mark or unmark solver. Nothing else. What do I need to do next? 

Thanks 

Thursday, March 7, 2019 11:33 AM
  • I've also tried everything here. When I run the code given I get a error message "Run time error 1004". I've given clearence to all macros, and done every troubleshooting I could find. I've also had a 2 hour long conversation with techincal support and commercial support which also didn't resolve the issue. I get 3 different error messages, Solver.Xlam!GetsolverLabel/GetgroupLabel/MainEx. Any new info regarding this?

Any help would be much apprieciated 

Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:41 PM
  • Yes I'm exactly suffering the same as you. It's so much annoying.

I have tried everything that I could. Re-install office, re-install solver and anything else that I could try.

Run time error 1004 always annoying me.

I can't see any troubleshooting above is working.

Friday, April 19, 2019 6:58 AM