Windows Vista Profile Loads Yet Some Changes Dont Save RRS feed

• Question

• Ok this is a strange one, i had a customer on a support session the other day and the request from them was to change the default player in the DVD Autoplay options, later i discovered no matter what default program i selected in control panel options it kept opening the Windows Media Player, later i installed the K-Lite codec pack so media player will be able to play it however still it didnt detect the new codecs, also the error from Media player was that the Resolution is not right.

After all that i tried to play using VLan Player but although it worked it kept showing a small error to which there is a check box to not show again, however no matter how many times i checked the check box it kept showing the error again and again.

Finally thinking maybe the profile is corrupted i created another test account but even that had the same issue, so technet community please provide me an answer if you can come down with one.

1) The Edition is Home Premium

2) On the account of the above there is no Group Policy or Domain Administration

3) I tried restoring to a previous point in time but even that didnt work

Thanks in advance

Sean

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:16 PM