Design Jet Printers with Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP 650c Design Jet printer with the Vista opertating system, but for some reason the HP site does not have drivers for design jets on the vista operating system. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions to this?

Also, I am using a Dell Dimension e521 and it does not have the parallel ports for the Design Jets but I have a parallel to USB cable, but for some reason its not connecting, does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the problem or if this way of doing it (going from parallel to USB) is even possible with the Design Jets.

Thanks for any help you can give.

-Josh

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry to say that Microsoft does not write driver for third party devices. In this case, printer manufacture would be the best resource.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:37 AM
  • The average life cycle for consumer printers is approximately 4 years.  Perhaps it time to invest in a new, modern printer.
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry to say that Microsoft does not write driver for third party devices. In this case, printer manufacture would be the best resource.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:37 AM
  • The average life cycle for consumer printers is approximately 4 years.  Perhaps it time to invest in a new, modern printer.
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 9:41 PM