App-V 5.0 - Sequencing ImgBurn, saves with invalid package manifest RRS feed

• Question

• I sequenced ImgBurn 2.5.7.0 today (link), and the sequencer crashed when trying to run the customise phase.  I reverted, and saved another sequence where the app was not launched at all and I selected the default save, and this one saved ok.

However, if I launch the app at any point, and try to do a quick save again (avoiding the customise part), when the package saves I get a red warning symbol about an invalid package manifest.  The package crashes the sequencer if I try to open it up again.

I opened up the working and non-working manifests to compare them.  The broken one has a few additional file type association entries, other than that the only other difference is near the end:

<Applications xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appv/2010/manifest">

<Application Id="[{AppVPackageRoot}]\ImgBurn.exe" Origin="Application" TargetInPackage="false">

TargetInPackage is set to true on the working package that was not launched.  I wonder if this could be the issue?

I can send the packages or just the schemas to anybody that would like to troubleshoot, otherwise it's easy enough to reproduce by downloading the app since it's freeware!

Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:06 PM

All replies