none
User Applications missing from Software Center after 1610 Client Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys

I recently updated my SCCM Environment from 1606 to 1610. The Update went smooth and without any issue.

Now I started piloting the new 1610 Client and noticed an issue on a bunch of Clients. After updating the Client, the Applications which are deployed to the User are no longer visible in Software Center. Applications with a Device Deployment show up just fine.

When launching DeploymentMonitoring on an affected Client, I can see all the User Deployments. However, they don't show up in Software Center (Old and New) and are also missing in AppDiscovery.log.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks in Advance

• Edited by InfraIT2 Friday, January 20, 2017 7:20 AM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 7:15 AM

All replies

• Do you use the new Software Center?

Have you installed the Application Web Service and Website Point?

Friday, January 20, 2017 7:21 AM
  • Yes, we use the new Software Center. But they also don't show up on the old Software Center.

We only use Required Deployments and those Applications were already installed on the Devices before the 1610 Client Update.

Application Catalog (Both Roles) are installed.
    • Edited by InfraIT2 Friday, January 20, 2017 7:32 AM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Application Catalog (Both Roles) are installed.

Are they working? Does the application catalog display anything?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Friday, January 20, 2017 7:55 AM
  • The Roles are both Healthy in the Console. They don't list any Applications though, because we only use Required Deployments for Devices and Users.
    Friday, January 20, 2017 8:44 AM
  • From your previous reply it looks like you are doing "Required" Deployment however to show up in software center. It should be "Available" Deployment.

Harvansh Singh

Friday, January 20, 2017 9:30 AM
  • Yes, I'm aware of that. As said, they're missing from Software Center.

That the AppCatalog is empty was just an information, because we use Required Deployments.

• Edited by InfraIT2 Friday, January 20, 2017 10:08 AM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 10:00 AM
  • Does this happen with new user targeted, required deployments as well?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, January 20, 2017 10:20 AM
  • Hi Jason

I created a new Dummy Application and deployed it to a User on a affected Device. The Application showed up and installed without any issues.

I also noticed that when I edit the Deployment Type of an affected Application, that it starts to re-appear. I just wrote something in the Administrator Comment, applied it and removed it again

I guess the Client is forced to redownload the policy because of the Change, which causes the Application to re-appear.

So I guess I need to edit all my Deployment Types.

Is this a known issue or would you suggest trying something else?

Friday, January 20, 2017 2:30 PM
  • There have been similar issues experienced by some with some other upgrades of ConfigMgr since 2012 was released. and the solution is is exactly what you've done so no, I don't think there's any reason to try anything else.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, January 20, 2017 3:06 PM
  • Yeah, I rememer something similiar with SCCM 2012 R2 (I guess), when Application wouldn't install in a Task Sequence unless you updated the Deployment Type. That's why I tried it.

Will try it on Monday and update the post.

Thanks so far.

Friday, January 20, 2017 3:10 PM
  • Below is a link which may help to get things a little easier by using powershell lines to do all these manual work: (do test before applying)

http://scug.be/sccm/2013/01/27/configmgr-2012-sp1-powershell-script-to-repair-broken-applications-after-upgrading-them-from-rtm/

For this kind of problem, I suggest that you can submit a potential bug. User voice at below:

https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 23, 2017 7:28 AM
  • Thanks Frank. Aren't bugs submitted via Connect?

I updated all the Deployment Types which fixed the Issue on existing Clients, which were already updated to 1610.

However, the Problem persists, when I pilot the 1610 Update on new Devices. Now, I certainly can't update all the Deployment Types everytime a Device updated it's Client to 1610.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:42 AM
  • Have you ever found a solution for this issue? I am experiencing the same issue at a customer. We have upgraded from CB 1511 to 1610. One other thing that I notice is that software center doesn't seem to update correctly. There was a typo in the software center Organization name under: "Administration > Overview > Site configuration > Servers and site system roles > Application Catalog website point" under the customization tab. When I corrected the typo existing clients do not seem to update. Besides this I thought software center used to get the organization name from the client settings?
    Friday, April 21, 2017 6:31 AM
  • I know this is very old but I’m trying to clean up old posts. Did you ever solve this? If so it would be good if you could post the solution to assist others. If not, at this stage, as nobody has answered, I would recommend that you call Microsoft support if the issue still exists.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:55 PM
  • Apparently it still exist in 1810 as I have all Desktops users complaining about missing applications in soiftware center...

Thanks,

Dom

Security / System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch / SQL

• Edited by Felyjos Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:25 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 9:30 PM
  • Hi Jason

I created a new Dummy Application and deployed it to a User on a affected Device. The Application showed up and installed without any issues.

I also noticed that when I edit the Deployment Type of an affected Application, that it starts to re-appear. I just wrote something in the Administrator Comment, applied it and removed it again

I guess the Client is forced to redownload the policy because of the Change, which causes the Application to re-appear.

So I guess I need to edit all my Deployment Types.

Is this a known issue or would you suggest trying something else?

Updated the comments applied but nothing yet...

Do you do any other task? Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle? waiting a new cycle? User Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle?

Thanks,

Dom

Thursday, January 31, 2019 9:34 PM
  • Apparently it still exist in 1810 as I hae all Desktops users complaining about missing applications in soiftware center...

Thanks,

Dom

This happend to us now. Some other guys are telling to remove Application Catalog roles. 

MCSE Mobility 2018. Expert on SCCM, Windows 10, ALOVPN, MBAM.

Monday, May 13, 2019 8:49 AM
  • Similar issue here. I am missing applications and can't deploy new. No Application Catalog roles in use.
    Monday, June 24, 2019 10:01 PM