Memory issue with Previewing large data tables in dashboard designer ( PPS 2007) tabular data source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

hope this thread is in the right forum,

I'm facing an issue with Performance Point Dashboard Designer (performance point 2007 ), I try to use a tabular data source connecting to an SqlServer (2005) database, but my data table seems to be too huge, and dashboard designer try to load the whole table in memory ( a bit strange for a ~ ten row preview ).

The preview fails due to high memory usage needed and timeout (I guess), on a smaller table it works properly.

How could I configure it to NOT load the whole table for the preview ?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 7:47 AM

All replies

• up ! Is there anybody who could knew anything about this issue ?
    Friday, July 9, 2010 12:28 PM
  • I am not aware of any issues.  Can you verify that you are on the latest service pack (SP3)?  That would mean that you are on build number 3.0.4417.00.

You could try updating to the latest hotfix as well possibly - PerformancePoint Server 2007 Build List and Hotfix Update.

How large is the table that you are referencing and can I ask why you need to reference a tabular source?  What are you planning on using it for?

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, July 9, 2010 8:25 PM
  • The table is very large, over a million rows I guess. I wished to reference it as a tabular data source to define time dimensions, it's a lot simpler to use than the "standard" data source connexion
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:40 AM