Word 2007 - Need to transfer Custom Shortcuts in Quick Launch Bar to many Desktops RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have a couple of custom makros placed in my normal.dotm which are associated w/ corresponding keyboard shortcuts, e.g. <Alt>+<M>. Additionally I placed a couple of custom icons pointing to those makros in the Word 2007 Quick Launch Bar above the Ribbon. First I thought that all icons placed here are user-specific and therefore are stored within the normal.dotm. Unfortunately when copying the normal.dotm into another user's profile only custom makros are included. Custom icons within the Quick Launch Bar are missing.

How do I transfer custom Quick Launch Icons to another user's desktop and/or profile?

Regards
    Alex
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:13 AM

Answers

• See: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd347467(office.12).aspx

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"jaymz1102" wrote in message news:0a64692c-d9d4-4591-ab9f-ad8df6e68d0a@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Dear all,

I have a couple of custom makros placed in my normal.dotm which are associated w/ corresponding keyboard shortcuts, e.g. <Alt>+<M>. Additionally I placed a couple of custom icons pointing to those makros in the Word 2007 Quick Launch Bar above the Ribbon. First I thought that all icons placed here are user-specific and therefore are stored within the normal.dotm. Unfortunately when copying the normal.dotm into another user's profile only custom makros are included. Custom icons within the Quick Launch Bar are missing.

How do I transfer custom Quick Launch Icons to another user's desktop and/or profile?

Regards
    Alex

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by jaymz1102 Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:05 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:54 AM

All replies

• See: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd347467(office.12).aspx

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"jaymz1102" wrote in message news:0a64692c-d9d4-4591-ab9f-ad8df6e68d0a@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Dear all,

Regards
    Alex

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by jaymz1102 Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:05 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:54 AM
  • Dear Doug,

thanks, it worked.

Alex
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:05 AM