none
How to find third party webparts on a SharePoint site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are in a process of identifying the valid sites for migrating on the same server as the previous site collection contains over 1000 sites and only valid would be 250. We are using some third party web parts. I need to find out which sites has using these third party web parts?. Is there any easy way to do that.

Thanks,

-Gautham
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:06 AM

Answers

• On you MOSS site in the address bar, after the url type "?contents=1" without quotes that should populate the web parts on the page
    Regards, Vishwas
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:04 AM

All replies

• You did not mention if you are using MOSS 2007 or SP2010. Anyways you can find the third party solutions under Solution Management in Central Admin.

Get the entire farm information using the following tool (O12 for MOSS/WSS and O14 for SP2010)

http://spsfarmreport.codeplex.com/

Regards, Vishwas
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:57 AM
  • Hi Vishwas,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using MOSS 2007. Well, I checked both the places but it is only giving information of a Site Collections. I am looking for What are all the sites that the web part is  being used in a Site Collection. Any Idea?

-Gautham
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:01 PM
  • Hi,

There is no OOB solution for this.

You need to create an application using object model to do the same.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Can you mention here how to implement, if you have any?. Provide any link if you have.

Appreciate it!

-Gautham
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:39 PM
  • On you MOSS site in the address bar, after the url type "?contents=1" without quotes that should populate the web parts on the page
    Regards, Vishwas
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:04 AM