none
Project Server 2013 Files Not Saving RRS feed

• Question

• We have new users to Project Server 2013 that are complaining that they do periodic saves and the next time they re-open their file their changes are not there.  Sounds like an issue of changes not transferring from cache.

Has anybody else seen this?

Regards,

Chris

Thursday, February 25, 2016 12:06 PM

Answers

• Determined that we have new users doing a procedural error.  They are working from home via VPN.  VPNs are not the most stable connections and they wind up losing the connection to the server.  The saves are going to the cache.  When they get back to work they open from the Server and are surprised that their saves are not there.  We have informed these users that if they work from home to make sure that the next time they get back to work to make sure they open from their cache.

Thanks for the help,

Chris

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 12:33 PM

All replies

• Stupid point mabe, do they publish their updates?
    Friday, February 26, 2016 10:20 AM
  • Hi Jeremy,

My guess is probably not, but in theory it shouldn't make a difference. 

Unclear at this point is whether changes are being made while they are in offline mode.  As stated earlier, these are new users and the use of MS Project as an enterprise tool is still a new concept.  They are on the other side of the country and I don't have the ability to watch all of their day-to-day processes.  They have had network issues connecting to the Server which is physically on my side of the country.  We can't rule out that there may be network interrupts causing the problem.  One of the users complained that the problem occurred after she was doing changes from her home via VPN as opposed to direct connectivity to the network from the office.  VPNs are notorious for having dropouts.

There are a couple of schedules where [No Filter] is replicated about half a dozen times in the Custom area of the filter list.  From a process perspective I have been unable to replicate how this is happening, but I am suspecting that schedules are being checked out of the Server and being subsequently checked back in.  I have another thread on replicating filters and will have to try the suggested solutions from that thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/c9686286-fede-4ece-9545-42dce2edfdc4/filters-keep-on-replicating?forum=projectprofessional2010general#7c110a78-1fd4-44a0-9fce-5e348e76e0f1

The only reason I bring up the replicating filter issue is I wonder if replication of [No Filter] and failure to save data are part of the same systemic problem?  Please note that this new problem is on a 2013 Server, not a 2010 Server.

Chris

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:49 PM
  • Determined that we have new users doing a procedural error.  They are working from home via VPN.  VPNs are not the most stable connections and they wind up losing the connection to the server.  The saves are going to the cache.  When they get back to work they open from the Server and are surprised that their saves are not there.  We have informed these users that if they work from home to make sure that the next time they get back to work to make sure they open from their cache.

Thanks for the help,

Chris

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 12:33 PM