none
One big internal website can't loaded normally and it is always redirected into another website RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

It is a real issue in work and I am a service-desk and during dealing with an issue.

I found a very strange issue and it is one big internal website can't loaded normally and it is always redirected into another website. But other users beside the user all can open the big internal website normally.

And the user uses IE11 and all internet websites are OK for opening.Also I found resetting IE can't work for change IE home page even I set related home page for the IE.Let user reboot his PC then check it but it still can't work.

It seems his IE was kidnappd by some software.

Does anyone knows which tool is good for fix IE such as IE 9 and IE 11?

Thanks in advance,

Franklin hong

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 5:12 PM

Answers

• one big internal website can't loaded normally and it is always redirected into another website.

You could use the Developer Tools to see if IE is aware of the redirection.  That would show up in the Console tab and in the Network tab (when you were tracing there.)

FWIW it sounds like malware would be a possibility.  In that case it is not IE which would need to be fixed but the OS.  MalwareBytes might help detect and remove a known infection.  You could find more informed help in a Security forum.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, August 28, 2015 4:33 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Franklin,

If you use another brower, like Chrome, Firefox etc, is there the same issue?

I also recommend you use InPrivate Browsing in IE to check if there is the same issue.

If the issue persist, try to use clean boot to start your PC and open the website again.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:44 AM
  • one big internal website can't loaded normally and it is always redirected into another website.

You could use the Developer Tools to see if IE is aware of the redirection.  That would show up in the Console tab and in the Network tab (when you were tracing there.)

FWIW it sounds like malware would be a possibility.  In that case it is not IE which would need to be fixed but the OS.  MalwareBytes might help detect and remove a known infection.  You could find more informed help in a Security forum.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, August 28, 2015 4:33 AM
    Answerer