WSUS Reporting RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to run a WSUS report that will show that a specific set of Office 2013 updates have been applied to the laptop clients in our organization. I tried running a Detailed Status Report as per the following:

Include updates in these classifications: Critical Updates, Definition Updates, Security Updates, Updates (this mirrors our exact setup under Options > Products and Classifications.)

Include updates for these products: Office 2013

Include computers from the groups: Assigned

Include updates that have a status of: Installed/NA

Running the report returns "No items were found with the specified options for the report".

This makes no sense to me as we have 60+ clients which are updated with all of the current Office 2013 updates. Seems like it should be a pretty straight-forward task. What am I missing?

Hank Vare

• Edited by techrep43 Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:54 PM
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hello,

To narrow down this issue, please redefine the report as follows:

• Classifications = "Any classification"
    • Products = "Any product"
    • Groups = "Any computer group"
    • Status = "Any"

and run the report. Verify that you get results. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by techrep43 Saturday, July 29, 2017 2:32 PM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:53 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I suggest you check whether those 60+ clients are belong to Assigned group. In addition, you may try to include all classifications and check the result. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 21, 2017 5:34 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Yes, all clients belong to the Assigned group.

I receive the error regardless of whether I check all classifications, or just the ones we have selected within the Options config.

Hank Vare

Monday, July 24, 2017 2:12 PM
  • Hello,

To narrow down this issue, please redefine the report as follows:

• Classifications = "Any classification"
    • Products = "Any product"
    • Groups = "Any computer group"
    • Status = "Any"

and run the report. Verify that you get results. 

• Marked as answer by techrep43 Saturday, July 29, 2017 2:32 PM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:53 AM
  • Thank you, I was able to narrow down my criteria after running the report with all options set to "Any".

It would be helpful if WSUS included a report that allowed the user to enter a series of update KB# which would return a report advising the status of those specific updates for each client machine in the environment. 

Hank Vare

Saturday, July 29, 2017 2:43 PM