Mouse icon bug RRS feed

• Question

• Every now and then my mouse cursor icon will turn into a bunch of horizontal lines extending the height of the real icon with some of the colors of what it's supposed to be. When I have a game set to hardware cursor the in-game mouse cursor will do the same, look like a bunch of vertical lines with some of the coloring of what the icon is supposed to be. Sometimes this appears to be the cause of a lock-up soon after the icon changes. If it doesn't lock up, the icon may or may not fix itself simply by mousing over other stuff or attempting to change the screen resolution. Sometimes it fixes itself after a few moments, sometimes it can stick for over an hour.
    Friday, June 3, 2011 4:05 AM

Answers

• I suggest you remove the video adapter driver, then download and install the latest driver. If the issue persists, please let us know if you have enabled overrating. If it is true please let us know if the issue still occurs when you turn off overrating. 
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:34 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 6:22 AM