none
Strange behave of IE :( RRS feed

• Question

• I've really a strange behave of IE after installing windows. Whenever I opened IE it only display the downloaded history instead of the browser.

I want to seek your kind help in this regard.

Friday, May 16, 2014 6:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Here I give two suggestion, it will be helpful for you:

Reset Internet Explorer.

1. Close Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer that are currently open.
    2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
    3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
    5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
    6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
    7. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
    8. Close Internet Explorer.

Reinstall Internet Explorer.

For uninstalling Internet Explorer, follow these steps:

1.        Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
    2.        Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
    3.        Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

Restart your computer.

For installing Internet Explorer, follow these steps:

1. Go to  Microsoft homepage to download the Internet Explorer webpage.
    2. Select the language you want to install and your version of Windows, and then click Download.
    3. In the File Download dialog box, click Run, and then, in the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
    4. Restart your computer.

Regards

v-yamliu

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:09 AM

All replies

• Whenever I opened IE it only display the downloaded history instead of the browser.

"Opened" how?   Sounds like you have a corrupted shortcut or filetype open action.

Try opening IE this way.  Run... (e.g. press Win-R and enter:)

iexplore.exe  -nohome  -extoff

What happens?  I expect only an IE window frame to be seen.  If you want to experiment further with this state you may need to use Stop.  E.g.  press Alt-V p.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, May 16, 2014 2:23 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Here I give two suggestion, it will be helpful for you:

Reset Internet Explorer.

1. Close Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer that are currently open.
    2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
    3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
    5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
    6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
    7. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
    8. Close Internet Explorer.

Reinstall Internet Explorer.

For uninstalling Internet Explorer, follow these steps:

1.        Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
    2.        Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
    3.        Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

Restart your computer.

For installing Internet Explorer, follow these steps:

1. Go to  Microsoft homepage to download the Internet Explorer webpage.
    2. Select the language you want to install and your version of Windows, and then click Download.
    3. In the File Download dialog box, click Run, and then, in the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
    4. Restart your computer.

Regards

v-yamliu

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:09 AM