Windows To Go Unmountable Boot Drive Error RRS feed

• Question

• I successfully created Windows To Go on a USB Flash drive.  I used it without a problem both on newer hardware running Windows 7 and on older hardware running XP SP3.  Tried to bring it up on HP Vista based system and I received a blue screen telling me I have an unmountable boot drive, then the system restarted after a few seconds.  The computer in question is an HP Pavillion m9252p that booted from Vista after I took the flash drive out.  When I brought the flash drive back home, it worked on my systems here again with no problem.  Any ideas why it won't work on the HP Vista PC?
    Monday, May 14, 2012 8:59 AM

All replies

• It seems that your hard drive driver, may be SATA driver, is not compatible with Windows 8. Try to upgrade the BIOS and the driver then see if it helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Arthur XieModerator Monday, June 4, 2012 9:39 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by seryat Monday, June 4, 2012 9:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by seryat Monday, June 4, 2012 9:07 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by seryat Monday, June 4, 2012 9:07 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:05 AM
  • I updated the BIOS and all drivers, and I still get the 'UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME' error.
    Monday, June 4, 2012 9:09 PM
  • Hi,

You may See my solution.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/W8ITProWTG/thread/adcbeb31-b4db-4b89-bcc9-376dd2cb00ec

Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:09 AM