none
Group by showing "No Value" RRS feed

• Question

• My program is set up in normal WBS fashion that spans multiple years.  I have a simple group for point of contact "POC (Text1)" and "Showing summary tasks checked".  All task have POC's.  That part works fine, in the individual groups of Sam, Joe and Pete show there tasks with the immediate task summary listed.  My problem is the first group "No Value" returns the higher levels WBS's do not have POC's.  I understand that's the normal way it should work. 

How do I filter the view or group so it does not show the "No Value" group on screen or printed report?  I tried different combination of custom filters such as "POC" does not equal... etc but with no luck.

Steve         

Monday, October 12, 2015 3:12 PM

All replies

• Steve --

Create a custom filter named something like No POC.  The filter criteria should be:

POC     Does Not Equal

Leave the Value(s) field blank for the No POC filter criteria and do not select the "Show related summary rows" option.  Apply the filter first to show only the tasks that have a POC value, and then apply your custom group.  I just tested this process and it works fine.  Please let us know if this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, October 12, 2015 3:43 PM
  • Dale, thanks for quick reply.  But it not working for me.  I applied in the order you recommended.  The "No Value" remains, if I uncheck show summary (Group) then they all run together such as row number 890,891, 1403,1404 making it unreadable because their immediate parent summary no longer shows.  If I uncheck summary (Filter) then the parent summary falls off because it outside the dates? It may be the way I'm filtering.  I'm filtering for tasks between 1/1/15 thru 12/30/16.  Here's what I have:

Steve

Monday, October 12, 2015 4:35 PM
  • Sorry, didn't know how to load images properly...

Monday, October 12, 2015 4:50 PM